(Last post: October 1st - 11:00 am)
Over the next 28 days, we will need to maintain physical distance more than ever to counter the spread of COVID-19. BIXI remain at your service for your essential travel needs, but also for rides that will allow you to stay active and take your mind off things. Cycling through the city's streets allows you to generate endorphins, let go of negative emotions and fill up on fresh air and beautiful colors. It is fall, after all!
NEW RECOMMENDATIONS WHEN RENTING A BIXI BIKE
- Opt to rent the bike with your BIXI key. If you don't already have a BIXI key, you may request one from our customer service (with monthly or annual subscription).
- The BIXI mobile application is to be favoured for occasional users.
- Avoid touching your face.
- At the stations, keep a distance of at least two metres from BIXI employees and other users. This minimum distance is also recommended when cycling.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after each BIXI use, either with soap and water or with an alcohol-based disinfectant solution (e.g. Purell).
- Always keep cleaning wipes or a disinfectant solution with you.
- As a preventive measure, before touching them, clean surfaces which are frequently handled on the bicycle and the terminal during use or rental.
People who show symptoms of COVID-19 should not use BIXI’s services, nor should those returning from a trip who are under 14-day quarantine.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PROCEDURES
In order to ensure the health and safety of its customers and employees, BIXI has implemented new measures and procedures aimed at increasing the cleaning frequency of its equipment:
- Transaction terminals
- Docks (bollards) including touchpads
- Bikes (Seat and seatpost collar, grips, plastic surface of handlebars)
- Transport trucks (surfaces in contact with an employee)
Cleaning frequency and procedure
Surfaces frequently touched by users are disinfected on a regular basis with a bleach solution. This is the case, in particular, of the handlebars, basket, seat and seat collar of each bike, as well as the terminals and the touchpad for renting bikes at the bollards.
As soon as a new BIXI bike arrives or is picked up at a station, it is disinfected according to the new standards. The busiest stations are frequently visited, while a team is dedicated to cleaning the less frequented stations of the network.
The cleaning procedure is strictly followed by all our employees, and this is done every time a bike is handled or a station is visited (employees who handle the repair and maintenance of bikes in the warehouse, redistribution employees and depot station employees).