(Last update: March 28 - 5:00 pm)
Physical distance remains one of the most effective barriers to the spread of COVID-19. BIXI is at your service for your essential trips, but also for rides that will keep you active and take your mind off things. Pedaling in the city streets allows you to generate endorphins, let go of negative emotions and get a breath of fresh air.
RECOMMENDATIONS WHEN RENTING A BIXI BIKE
- Opt to rent the bike with your BIXI app or BIXI key, if you have one from previous seasons.
- Avoid touching your face.
- At the stations, keep a distance of at least 1 metre (3 feet) from BIXI employees and other users. This minimum distance is also recommended when cycling. If distance cannot be maintained, wear a mask.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after each BIXI use, either with soap and water or with an alcohol-based disinfectant solution (e.g. Purell).
- Always keep cleaning wipes or a disinfectant solution with you.
- As a preventive measure, before touching them, clean surfaces which are frequently handled on the bicycle and the terminal during use or rental.
Citizens who have symptoms of COVID-19 or are in preventive isolation should not use the BIXI service and must remain at home.