August may be almost over, but the warm weather outside is far from finished. Manuvie wants to help you make the most of these last few warm weeks. Here are their 10 summery suggestions for how to fill your days with fun before heading back to school/work.
- Water Sports In The City: Whether it’s kayaking, paddle boarding or surfing, there’s still time to dive in and set out on an adventure at Jean-Drapeau park.
- Outdoor Yoga: In summer months, it’s not uncommon to stumble upon a group of park-goers in full sun salutation. It’s extra relaxing! Check out Tout le monde yoga to find free, outdoor courses being offered.
- The Botanical Garden: A classic no matter the season. Bring a book or enjoy some time with a loved one.
- The Fountain at Saint-Joseph’s Oratory: This spot is simply magical! Settle into this peaceful oasis, tucked away just east of the Basilica.
- Cycle Along The Lachine Canal: Our collaborator at Moodmap has a few suggestions that will help you make the most of your journey!
- Village au Pied-du-Courant: This is the perfect place to chill out with friends on a hot summer’s day. Designed and created by local architects and urban planners, the ambiance is absolutely astounding. Whether you’re gearing up for one of their theme parties or hanging out on the sandy beach, you’ll feel like you’re a million miles away from the city, guaranteed.
- Les Jardineries: The foot of the Olympic Stadium has recently been transformed into an expansive garden space, complete with its own café/biergarten. Hot tip: schedule your visit during September’s Premier Vendredi event and enjoy offerings from a slew of food trucks in an extra-peaceful environment.
- RU Event: This lively street fest takes over Mont-Royal from August 25-28. Feast your eyes (and ears) on nighttime frescoes featuring 27 different artists, musical performances by Radio Radio, Socalled and Guillaume Beauregard, public pieces by Compagnie Marie Chouinard, street vendors and so much more!
- Public Markets: Plan a meal inspired by local and seasonal products to enjoy on your balcony with family or friends. We should all be eating outdoors as often as possible!
- Mount Royal: You don’t have to go far to get a good hike in this summer! We’re lucky to have such an amazing, accessible green space right in the heart of the city. Even better, there are tons of BIXI stations right at the bottom of the mountain!
Where do you head to have summer fun in Montreal?
Manuvie is the proud sponsor of Free BIXI Sundays, a great way to get to these relaxing spots and make the most of your summer before heading back to school/work!