1. No purchase necessary. This contest is open to all legal residents of the Quebec province, aged 18 and over, who have existing Internet access and a valid Facebook and/or Instagram account. To enter, follow the BIXI Facebook page and comment under the post related to the contest available at www.facebook.com/BIXImontreal AND/OR follow our Instagram account @biximontreal and comment under the post related to the contest available at www.instagram.com/BIXImontreal. Entries must be received between September 27 4:00 pm and October 4 2 11:59 pm.
2. The prizes consist of 3 double passes (2 adminissions each), valued at $26 each (total prize value: $78). 3 people will win 1 double pass each. Prizes will be given out randomly among participants on Facebook and Instagram.
3. On October 5, 2021 at noon, a random draw from among all entries will be conducted by BIXI Montréal at its offices at 5945 avenue de Gaspé, Montréal, Québec, to determine the potential winner. All valid entries received will be entered in a random electronic draw to select the potential winner. Limit of 1 monthly membership per winner. Immediately after the draw, an official representative of BIXI Montréal will contact the potential winner on social media, and they will have 24 hours after being contacted to respond to BIXI Montréal by private message. If the potential winner meet all the requirements in these rules, he-she will be declared winner if he-she responds correctly to a mathematical skill-testing question without the aid of any mechanical, electronic or similar device. BIXI Montréal will then make arrangements to award the prize. Should a potential winner fail to reply to BIXI Montréal by the end of the 24-hour period, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited any rights to their prize, and BIXI Montréal will have the right to select an alternate potential winner from among the other entrants, contacting the alternate potential winner according to the procedure indicated above with a new deadline of 24 hours after contact is made. The winner agree to accept the prize as awarded, and the prize is not transferable or convertible to cash or credit. Should the prize not be available for any reason, BIXI Montréal reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute another prize of similar nature or equal value. Decisions by BIXI Montréal on all issues relating to the contest shall be final and binding on all entrants. The winner will receive his/her prize by mail.
4. Chances of winning depend on the number of contest entrants on the Instagram post. BIXI Montréal and its affiliated companies assume no responsibility for late, lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entry forms, or for human error or technical malfunctions, including but not limited to inability to access the website, lost, delayed or incorrect data transmission, interruption or failure, other electronic malfunctions, computer or telephone hardware or software failures, malfunctions or garbled transmissions. BIXI Montréal and its affiliated companies are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the contest or downloading any materials in relation to the contest. Any deliberate attempt by an entrant to damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest will result in disqualification. Any such action may be in violation of civil and criminal laws, and BIXI Montréal reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Neither BIXI Montréal, nor its affiliated companies or their respective franchisees or advertising and promotional agencies or their respective agents, officers, directors, employees and representatives, shall be responsible in any way for the use of, or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to, an entrant’s participation in this contest or the prizes awarded in this contest, including liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or to property. Prior to taking delivery of a prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a declaration, release and waiver form satisfactory to BIXI Montréal confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize, as well as permitting BIXI Montréal, its affiliated companies and their respective partners to use the winner’s name, photograph and/or video image in any publicity and advertising without compensation, where legal, and releasing BIXI Montréal, its affiliated companies, their partners and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their respective agents, officers, directors, employees and representatives, from any and all liability, damages, costs, expenses and claims arising from or relating to the entrant’s participation in this contest or the prize. If a potential winner fails to sign such a form, they will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and an alternative potential winner will be selected. Personal information collected from entrants will be used solely for the purposes of administering the contest, except for information related to the winner, which may be used as set out above.
5. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of BIXI Montréal, its affiliated companies and their respective partners and promotional agents, as well as contest judges and persons with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the contest. By entering this contest, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of BIXI Montréal, which are final and binding in all respects. BIXI Montréal, its affiliated companies and their respective partners shall have the right, at their discretion, to publish the winner’s name or to use the winner’s name, address, photograph and/or video image for marketing and/or promotional purposes, without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. No correspondence or communication will be entered into except with selected entrants. For Québec residents only: “Any dispute respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.” Fees due under Québec law have been paid. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, and all applicable taxes, duties or fees are the responsibility of each winner and will be paid by the winner.
Limitation of liability – use of the prize. By entering the contest, potential winner release the contest organizers and any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with them, the advertising and promotional agencies as well as their respective employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any damages they may incur as a result of accepting or using the prize.
Facebook and Instagram pages. The contest organizers do not warrant that access to use of the Facebook and Instagram contest page or any related site will be uninterrupted during the contest period, or error-free.
Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all contest entries during the contest period for whatever reason, or if participation in the contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these contest rules, the contest organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with a draw among the entries duly registered during the contest period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the contest.
Prize limit. In no event shall the contest organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these contest rules or to award a prize otherwise than in accordance with these rules.
Instagram. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants provide information to the contest organizers and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to the contest organizers and not to Instagram. Instagram and all its affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees are not liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with the organization of this contest. However, by participating in the contest, each participant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use, contracts, other policies and/or guidelines governing the Instagram platform and disclaims all liability of the Released Parties in regards to any damage that could arise from the use of this platform.
Decisions by the contest organizers. All decisions by the contest organizers or their representatives regarding this contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, on any matter over which it has jurisdiction.
Severability of paragraphs. If a paragraph of these rules is declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the paragraph in question shall be considered void, but all other unaffected paragraphs shall remain applicable to the extent permitted by law.
6. BIXI Montréal reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to alter or cancel this contest at any time, in whole or in part, without prior notification, for any reason, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
7. For information on the prize winner(s), please send a request by private message on BIXI Montréal’s Facebook or Instagram account.
8. In case of divergence between the French and English version of these Contest Rules, the French version shall prevail.
5945 avenue de Gaspé
Montréal, Qc, H2S 2X4
Picture credit: Cinéma du Musée