Work with us
Planning and Research DirectorApply
Reporting to the General Manager, the Planning and Research Director is responsible for the planning, organization, direction and control of planning and development activities. In addition, the Director of Planning and Development is responsible for network optimization and international collaboration in network planning. They analyze, popularize and develop everything related to the network and its efficiency.
This is a permanent position 37.5 hours per week, full range of benefits offered after 3 months.
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Task
Developing new networks
- Communicates with private partners
- Plans the network based on statistical analysis to optimize use and number of members
- Is responsible for obtaining parking occupancy permits from the City and boroughs
- Reflects on the strategies behind the network
- Manages users' complaints regarding the stations and supports other respondents to complaints by providing satisfactory answers.
- Analyzes data collected by tracking systems and various applications and software and maintains the system at minimum and maximum levels
- Participates in international consultations, developing the network planning, drafting the contract and the costs associated with the development project, ensuring a potential income for BIXI through management fees.
- Participates in business development and, on occasion, represents BIXI before various authorities
- Participates in presentations abroad to share and promote bike sharing
- Makes strategic presentations to various partners, such as the City of Montreal, universities, strategic committees and develops conferences related to bike-sharing
- Develops the necessary tools for statistics interpretation
- Supports and advises on station relocations for special days or road work to ensure optimal temporary relocation and to measure the impact on operations
- Analyzes the efficiency of bicycles, trip distribution, truck routes and maintenance of the automated bicycle redistribution system to assist in the logistics of road operations.
- Manages complaints regarding station positioning and ensures follow-up with users, boroughs or contractors
- Monitors travel, selected sites and station size with the 18 boroughs, 5 cities, organizations and stakeholders involved in the network.
- Develops the network with municipal stakeholders, private companies or landlords to better serve users, using statistics and data to better understand intermediate travel needs and drafts occupancy agreements.
- Develops partnerships with universities to optimize and improve the network and to deepen artificial intelligence from the data.
- Predicts costs through analysis and revenue projections using the algorithms to plan network development
- Performs statistical analysis of network performance and optimization with the help of a geographic information system and keeps the KPI dashboard up to date while supporting departmental requests for certain data.
- Participates in marketing research by analyzing data in order to deepen knowledge about users and thus facilitate decision-making on customer experience (pricing, subscriptions) using tools such as Qgis and Arcgis online
- Analyses data collected by tracking systems and various applications and software to maintain and optimize the redistribution of bicycles
- Assists in planning for future years by analyzing the needs for operational efficiency and participating on the Board of Directors.
- Uses a clear and easy-to-understand discourse throughout the teams in order to ensure effective communication.
- Manages open data obligations and their dissemination at the presentation format and risk management levels.
- Carries out a strategic watch in order to analyze the opportunities for technological evolution
- Collaborates with other managers to ensure interdepartmental consistency
- Participates in the management committee
- Manages and motivates the team to achieve the objectives set and initiates the action plan required to achieve these objectives
- Communicates strategic plans and corporate vision to his team
- Manages the department's budget
- Acts as a representative of the company by demonstrating the respect of established values
- Assists in the training of new employees on how to use the system
- Evaluates and adjusts the workload of the employees of his team according to priorities
- Manages the training of employees, in accordance with the programs and procedures in place, and participates in the improvement and compliance of the training methods.
- Encourages teamwork, initiative, excellence and employee engagement
- Maintains a healthy work climate by focusing on the development and motivation of each employee.
- Participates in the management of human resources for his team, including hiring and interviews, performance appraisal, disciplinary management and ensures health and safety in operations.
- Undergraduate degree in urban planning
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience preferably acquired in the municipal sector
- Bilingualism in written and oral communication
- Experience in team management
- Strong trend towards statistics and analytics
- Very good knowledge of legislative frameworks and government, regional and municipal policies and programs (traffic by-laws)
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Strong spirit of analysis and synthesis
- Sense of organization and rigour
- Knowledge of Qgis and Arcgis online, or similar tools (asset)
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to quickly understand various issues and solve problems
- Team spirit
Do you have the knowledge and skills we are looking for? Send your resume to email@example.com.
Please note that we will only contact successful candidates.
N.B L’emploi du masculin n’a d’autres fins que celle d’alléger le texte.