Work with us
The incumbent acts as an advisor to general management and is an integral part of the corporate management committee. He/she contributes to the development of a modern finance function by focusing on the standardization, automation, efficiency and analysis of financial data.
The incumbent is thus responsible for liquidity management and internal controls. In collaboration with general management, he/she determines the orientations and objectives as well as the priorities and programs to be put in place. He/she analyzes financial information reports, including budgets, planning and required filings and reports. The management, monitoring and compliance with accounting procedures are under the Finance Director's purview. In addition, he/she presents and ensures the circulation of financial information intended for the organization's internal use, also providing support for special projects related to his/her responsibilities.
This position is permanent, 37.5 hours a week, and comes with a full range of benefits offered after 3 months of employment.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Accounting and Financial Management
- Oversees the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets and all financial reports presented to senior management and any budget line owners.
- Implements and refines financial tools and dashboards to evaluate the company's performance in operational and marketing terms.
- Analyzes and explains financial results and variances in relation to objectives and/or budgets.
- Takes part in the audit committee (4 meetings per year).
- Oversees the preparation of financial statements and other operational and financial reports, invoicing of services, general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payments and other advances to partners, as well as taxes.
- Represents the company in dealings with financial institutions and various government agencies.
- Manages and plans cash flow.
- Develops, implements and ensures compliance with accounting policies and procedures (e.g. procurements for the purchase of goods and services, expense allocations).
- Develops, plans, organizes and directs the annual budget process, in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Presents the calculated annual budget to the General Manager and the audit committee.
- Participates in specific projects aimed at improving financial and accounting monitoring.
- Conducts a prospective analysis of financial results and proposes solutions when required.
- Maintains harmonious relations with main external business partners (e.g. City of Montreal, financial institutions, Global Payments, etc.).
- Ensures the integrity of the company's financial information.
- Supervises the preparation of accounting and tax audit files.
- Hires the department's qualified staff and ensures that the tasks of the people under his/her responsibility are properly assigned according to priorities and expertise.
- Manages the training of employees, in accordance with the programs and procedures in place, and participates in the improvement and compliance of training methods.
- Encourages teamwork, initiative, excellence and employee engagement.
- Maintains a healthy work climate by focusing on the development and motivation of each employee.
- Participates in the management of human resources for his/her team, i.e. hiring and interviews, performance appraisal, disciplinary management and ensures health and safety in operations.
- Collaborates with other members of management to ensure interdepartmental consistency.
- Develops a symbiotic relationship with the marketing department in order to improve understanding of the costs of acquisition, retention and the direct costs related to the customer base.
- Takes part in the management committee.
- Manages and motivates the team in order to achieve set objectives and implements the action plan required to achieve these objectives.
- Communicates strategic plans and corporate vision to his/her team.
- Acts as a representative of the company by demonstrating respect for established values.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in administration, accounting sciences or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of 7 to 10 years in similar positions, including a minimum of 5 years in personnel management.
- CPA accounting designation.
- Excellent command of MS Office suite (Advanced Excel) and demonstrated ability in the use of technology;
- Knowledge of all aspects of the profession, including the development of operating, cash flow and projection budgets and the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Great ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
- Great capacity for analysis and strategic planning (business performance analysis, data analysis).
- Very well organized, rigorous, possesses a great deal of initiative, manages emergencies well.
- Experience in accounting for the public sector (asset).
- Demonstrates a mobilizing and positive leadership style.
- Good communication and teamworking skills.
- Integrity and respect for ethics and values.
- Discretion, diplomacy, ability to maintain harmonious interpersonal relations.
- High degree of efficiency, autonomy and thoroughness.
- Good judgment and flexibility.
- Business acumen.
- Ability to manage unexpected or complex situations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent command of French and English (oral and written).
Please note that only candidates who are selected will receive a response.
N.B L’emploi du masculin n’a d’autres fins que celle d’alléger le texte.