Spring has finally sprung: the apple trees and lilacs are budding and our legs feel like pedalling! Every month, we’ll be unveiling a new theme to inspire your adventures, plus giving you a chance to win great prizes. In May, we’re inviting you to go museum hopping!
Free BIXI Sundays, Presented by Manuvie
Mark your calendar for May 26: it’s our next Free BIXI Sunday, presented by Manuvie. You can take a free BIXI out for as many rides as you want, for up to 30 minutes each.
On Free BIXI Sundays, a little ride on a Manuvie Heartbeat Bike can do a lot. For every ride, $1 will be donated to the Heart & Stroke Foundation in Québec. Be sure to talk with the Manulife valets at the various stations… some of them will have surprises for you!
Heatbeat BIXI visual by Manuvie
// HOW IT WORKS //
- To rent a bicycle, download the BIXI app or head to a pay station at one of the 600 BIXI stations anytime between 12:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m.
- Create your profile in the app or insert your credit card into the pay station, then select “One Way $0” and follow the instructions. *A $20 deposit will be held per bike.
- Enter the code you get after completing the transaction on the keyboard located to the left of the bike dock for the BIXI you’ve chosen.
- Head out to explore Montreal for 30 minutes max. Fees will apply if you spend more than the allocated time.
- Return your BIXI to any station and start another trip as many times as you want.
So Many Museums, So Little Time
With more than 45 museums scattered around the Island of Montréal, there’s something for everyone, whether you’re a fan of visual art, history, science, architecture, fashion, photography or tutti quanti. Between the wide variety of exhibitions and the wealth of unique experiences, it’s obvious that Montreal is bursting with culture. To cap it all off, Montreal Museums will be free on Sunday May 26 for Montréal Museums Day. And, guess what… it’s also a Free BIXI Sunday!
This Month’s Themed Contest
From May 1 through 26, just fill out the form on our website to participate in the month’s themed contest. You could win:
1 Nespresso Vertuo Chrome + 1 Aeroccino (milk frother) + 1 Travel Mug ($400 approximate value)
2 Montréal Museums passes valid for 3 days during 3 weeks not including transportation ($75 value)