It’s no secret: sleeping well, eating well, moving your body, managing stress and having fun each day is the perfect recipe for good health. From April to November, BIXI plays a big part in my day-to-day life and helps me stay energized. Here’s how:
- When it comes to my daily commute to work, travelling by BIXI is often faster than travelling by car. That means I can sleep in a little longer and take a few extra minutes to make myself a good, healthy breakfast.
- You never know what kind of obstacles might pop up when you’re en route. By combining BIXI with walking and public transit, I have many more options to choose from when it comes to travel, making my trip significantly less stressful.
- When I BIXI in the morning, it’s much easier to take a little detour to one of my favourite cafés before returning to my planned route. You can’t put a price on starting the day with a smile on your face.
- At lunch time, BIXI allows me to get the most out of a quick trip to a nearby park, whether I’m looking to move around a bit or relax with a picnic. Nothing feels fresher than eating a plate full of greens while surrounded by green space.
- At the end of the day, I like to stop by the market to grab fresh ingredients before heading home to cook a simple, nourishing meal. Each one of Montreal’s public markets has a BIXI dock nearby!
- Sometimes, I’m not in the mood to cook. Thankfully, Montreal is bursting with restaurants that offer creative, healthy dishes and there’s always a BIXI station nearby.
- BIXI is perfect for getting to the gym or yoga studio. There are also stations steps away from every major park in Montreal, which, in my opinion, are the best gyms! (PS: you can easily transport a yoga mat using your BIXI’s front basket).
- Sometimes, I don’t feel motivated enough to go work out. By tweaking my travel route by making it a little longer or more uphill, my physical activity for the day is already done!
- It always feels good to integrate some arts and culture into your day. Personally, I enjoy making detours to discover the best murals and pieces of public art in the city!
- After moving, walking and riding around on a BIXI all day, my body feels great and I drift off to sleep more easily.
How do you use BIXI to stay active and healthy?